- My Baking Addiction - http://www.mybakingaddiction.com -
Apple Pear Crisp
Posted By Jamie On April 20, 2011 @ 7:17 pm In Apples,Autumn Recipes,Cinnamon,Comfort Food,Desserts,Fruit,Lemon,Oatmeal | 50 Comments
April 20th, 2011
Apple Pear Crisp
Yield: 12 servings
6 cups Granny Smith apples (about 6 large), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
4 cups pears (about 5 large), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 ¼ cup old fashioned oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish.
2. Prepare the fruit base: In a large mixing bowl, combine apple, pears and lemon juice; toss to coat. In a medium bowl mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples and pears tossing to coat. Pour apple pear mixture into prepared pan, spread into an even layer.
3. Prepare the topping: In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Mix butter and vanilla together and pour over oat mixture; stir to combine. Crumble mixture evenly over the apples and pears.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until the crumble topping it golden brown.
Serve warm. If desired, top with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, or whipped cream.
Article printed from My Baking Addiction: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com
URL to article: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/apple-pear-crisp-recipe/
Copyright © 2012 My Baking Addiction. All rights reserved.