- My Baking Addiction - http://www.mybakingaddiction.com -
Butternut Squash Purée
1 large butternut squash
6 tablespoons unsalted butter; diced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Slice the butternut squash in half lengthwise; scoop out and toss the seeds. Place the halves flesh-side-up on a foil-lined baking sheet.
3. Sprinkle the diced butter and brown sugar evenly on both halves.
4. Roast for 45-60 minutes or until the butternut squash can easily be pierced with a knife.
5. A liquid mixture of butter and brown sugar will form in the wells of the squash, make sure you include this deliciousness with the puree.
6. Remove squash from the oven; allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Scoop out the flesh and liquid and place into your food processor or blender.
7. Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; pulse until you reach a creamy consistency.
8. If you are serving this delicious puree as a simple side dish, adjust the seasoning to your taste and toss in a couple more tablespoons of unsalted butter. If you are using it for the recipes that will be posting on My Baking Addiction, leave the puree as written.
The size of butternut can vary greatly so it is important to adjust the level of seasonings according to your tastes. This recipe can yield anywhere from 1 to 2 cups of purée depending on the size of your squash.
Article printed from My Baking Addiction: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com
URL to article: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/butternut-squash-puree/
Copyright © 2014 My Baking Addiction. All rights reserved.