- My Baking Addiction - http://www.mybakingaddiction.com -
Chocolate Cherry Almond Biscotti
Let’s talk about New Year’s Resolutions. I don’t make them – ever. Not because I don’t have things to work on. That would be the biggest lie ever. It’s just that I kind of stink at setting very specific goals. I’m known for breaking any resolution I’ve ever made within about 2.5 hours. Instead of very specific goals, I try to set little milestones that don’t seem so hard.
Simple things, like swapping in Truvia for my morning java jolt instead of sugar. And trading in some Truvia Baking Blend where I would normally use all granulated sugar, especially in things I like to dunk in my lightened up coffee, things like crispy, crunchy biscotti.
In case you needed one more thing to love about biscotti, did you know it can be made several days ahead of time? Mixing the dough takes just minutes, and the baked cookies can be stored in an air tight container at room temperature for several days. It’s a great way to get a jump start on your Valentine’s Day celebration.
Disclosure: My Baking Addiction has teamed up with Truvia to develop recipes using Truvia® Baking Blend. This is a sponsored post written as part of that program. All opinions about Truvia Baking Blend are my own.
January 24th, 2013
Chocolate Cherry Almond Biscotti
Yield: 2 dozen biscotti
Prep Time: 20 minutes
1/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons of Truvía® Baking Blend
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup almonds, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 300°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and Truvía® Baking Blend until light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until well blended, about 3-4 minutes, scraping down sides as needed.
5. With the mixer on low, carefully add in the dry ingredients. Mix until a stiff dough forms.
6. Using a sturdy wooden spoon, fold in the cherries, chocolate chips and almonds.
7. Divide dough in half, and using wet hands, form the dough into two 4"x8" flattened logs on the prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake logs of dough for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pan from oven and reduce oven temperature to 275°.
9. Allow the baked biscotti logs to cool for about 10 minutes on baking sheet. With a serrated knife, slice the logs into 1/2 inch thick slices. Lay the slices down on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 25-30 minutes or until biscotti are dried.
10. Transfer biscotti to wire racks to cool completely. Serve alongside a cup of coffee or tea.
- Be sure to chop the cherries and almonds well to ensure easy slicing of the biscotti.
- Watch the biscotti closely during the second round of baking to achieve the perfect dry biscotti texture.
- Wet hands are very helpful in forming the logs of dough on the baking sheet.
My Baking Addiction adapted from Truvia
Article printed from My Baking Addiction: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com
URL to article: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/chocolate-cherry-almond-biscotti/
Copyright © 2014 My Baking Addiction. All rights reserved.