- My Baking Addiction - http://www.mybakingaddiction.com -
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Posted By Jamie On January 1, 2010 @ 6:10 pm In Chocolate,Cookies,Holiday Cookies,Holiday Recipes,mint | 26 Comments
It’s amazing that it is already 2010! It seems like yesterday I was in my junior year of college and bracing myself for Y2K…it makes me chuckle just remembering the hype! I want to wish each of you a Happy New Year filled with peace, love, happiness, health and deliciousness! I look forward to an amazing year filled with great recipes, photography, fun and friends!
January 1st, 2010
Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies
Yield: 36 cookies
1 cup shortening (I am betting butter would work just fine)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring (I added this because I used shortening)
2 drops pure peppermint extract
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies (I used 3 candy canes)
1. In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla, butter extract and peppermint extract.
2. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in crushed candies.
3. Shape into a 15-in. roll; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Unwrap and cut into 1/8-in. slices. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 6-8 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
4. If desired, dip the cooled cookies in melted chocolate and garnish with more crushed candy canes.
Article printed from My Baking Addiction: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com
URL to article: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/chocolate-dipped-peppermint-cookies/
Copyright © 2012 My Baking Addiction. All rights reserved.