- My Baking Addiction - http://www.mybakingaddiction.com -
Chocolate-Peanut Butter Torte
January 19th, 2011
Chocolate Peanut Butter Torte
Yield: Serves 8-10
1 cup butter, melted, plus more for pan
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
10 individual Reese's Cups, chopped
1/4 cup peanut butter, heated in microwave at 10 second intervals for easy spreading
3 tablespoons peanut butter
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream, plus more if needed
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Butter 2 (8-inch) round pans and line with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl combine the 1 cup melted butter and cocoa and stir until the cocoa is dissolved.
3. Add the sugar, 1/4 cup at a time, and mix well. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and mix until incorporated. Stir in the vanilla, flour and salt and combine until the flour is no longer visible. Fold in the chopped peanut butter cups and divide the mixture between the pans.
4. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Run a knife around the edge of each pan and turn out onto a work surface.
5. Put 1 cake layer on a cake plate or a round platter. Spread the 1/4 cup of peanut butter over the first layer and top with the second layer. In a bowl, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons of peanut butter, the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and heavy cream until a glaze forms. Add more half and half, if needed, to achieve desired thick glaze consistency. Pour the glaze on top of the torte, spreading it out with a small knife allowing it to drip over the sides. Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler and drizzle over the glaze. Cut into slices and serve.
- adapted from Food Network
Article printed from My Baking Addiction: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com
URL to article: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/chocolate-peanut-butter-torte/
Copyright © 2014 My Baking Addiction. All rights reserved.