The “Polar Vortex” hit us last week and it was brutal! It was the first and probably only time I will ever experience -45 degree windchill, and lets just say I’m not sad to see it go. My hands are still recovering from the blistering cold, so I thought now is the perfect time to make a nourishing body scrub.
This scrub is full of vitamins, protein, antioxidants, and healthy fats that will help turn dry, scaly winter skin, soft and smooth. On top of making your skin look beautiful, it also makes you smell like a wonderful oatmeal cookie. Don’t judge me, but I tasted it. While it is edible, you might be better off making these oatmeal cookies to satisfy your cravings.
- 3/4 cup oats
- 3/4 cup organic brown sugar
- 3/4 cup organic white sugar
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
How to Assemble:
- In a food processor, pulse oats until coarse sugar-like texture
- Heat coconut oil in sauce pan or in the microwave until it’s in a liquid form
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Portion scrub out into individual jars
- Store in a cool place for up to three months
We hope you enjoy this craft as much as we do. If you decide to create either of this craft or any of the craft projects that we shared with you, please feel free to share your finished product!
About Lindsay White
I'm Lindsay, the owner of OliveTree Handmade. I love designing and creating re-purposed and vintage inspired jewelry and accessories using vintage pieces and old/unwanted/broken items. Giving new life to something that otherwise wouldn't be used or thrown away.