Friday Faves: Pregnancy Edition
Being pregnant has definitely been quite the adventure and the fact that I am almost 7 months along is kind of mind-blowing. As pregnancy seems to have become a little more glamorized in recent years, I found that the market was saturated with “must-have” items.
After totally falling into a lot of the hype, I thought I’d share my must-have list with you. From belly lotion to the most amazing slippers – ever, I’ve got all you mom’s to be covered!
1. When I was about 8 weeks along, I came across a YouTube video about the Sonoline B Fetal Doppler. This little handheld device allows you to hear your little one’s heartbeat at home – which I thought was all kinds of exciting, not to mention reassuring. After speaking with my OB (and I recommend you do the same), she gave us the green light to use the doppler a couple of times a week. Eric was able to find Baby E at 9 weeks, but the product recommends that you wait until 12 weeks so the heartbeat is a little easier to find (again talk with your OB – mine was really informative about using the doppler). YouTube is also full of videos that provide you with tips for using the device.
2. Within the last month or so, my feet end up pretty swollen by the time I get home from work. Coupled with nightly foot massages, these UGG Ansley Slippers have pretty much been the best thing ever. Sure they’re a little pricy, but I’m totally guilty of wearing them in public, so I’m able to justify the price by pretending they’re shoes.
3. Let’s talk about sleep for a second. I’ve been fortunate enough to not struggle much in this department (knock on wood), but I’m a stomach sleeper – which obviously is not happening at this point. I picked up the Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow and found that it gives my ever-expanding body a lot more support and comfort throughout night. It’s so comfy, I’ve found Eric napping with it on numerous occasions.
4. Although I’ve been taking a multivitamin for ages, I started taking prenatal vitamins the day we found out I was pregnant. I researched the topic for hours and headed to a local vitamin shop to pick up New Chapter Perfect Prenatal. They’re an organic whole-food complexed multivitamin that I just love – so much in fact, I decided to stay on them (with my OB’s approval) throughout my entire pregnancy. I couple these vitamins with DHA and a few others recommended by my doctor. They’ve never made me nauseaus and I think they give me a little energy boost in the morning – which is always a good thing. I will admit – they smell a tad funky due to to “whole-food” aspect, but the smell was nothing that I couldn’t tolerate even in the early months when every scant scent began to be amplified by eleventy million.
5. I’ve always drank a ton of water, but since getting pregnant, I find myself drinking even more. In an effort to cut down on waste, we picked up reusable water bottles and this one from Aladdin is by far my fave! It keeps water cold for hours and its fully removable lid allows you to fill it with ice. Another bonus, it fits perfectly in my vehicle’s cup holder. I never leave home without it.
6. Okay, I know that you can’t really prevent stretch marks, well at least that’s what I’ve read. However, I’m going to fight those bad boys regardless of what I’m told or read! I’ve tried numerous products – okay I’ll be real with you – I’ve tried 8 different lotions, oils, serums, etc. I told you I fell into the hype! By far, the best products that I’ve used are from the Mama Mio line – yes, they’re pricier than Palmer’s Cocoa Butter, but I definitely think they’re worth every penny! Especially the Tummy Rub and Tummy Rub Stretch Mark Oil. I use both of them in conjunction for ultra moisturized, non-itchy skin. And all Mama Mio products are colorant, paraben, petrolatum and sodium laureth sulfate free. – which is definitely an added bonus!
7. If you read My Baking Addiction on a regular basis, you know I am S’mores obsessed. From S’mores Cookies, Golden Grahams S’mores Bars and Pumpkin S’mores to regular Hershey’s S’mores that I make in the microwave, this gooey chocolate treat is by far my biggest pregnancy craving! Yep, totally obsessed!
8. Let’s talk about apps. At one point, I had 5 different pregnancy apps on my phone which is admittedly a bit much. After messing with all of them for a couple of months, I deleted most of them and primarily use the What to Expect Pregnancy App. It gives you a countdown, tells you the approximate size of your baby in both inches, pounds and produce – which always give me a chuckle! Plus, it has really great tips and message boards. Just a word to the wise, don’t spend too much time or energy on the forums the first few months, they gave me mad anxiety! Now that we know Baby E is a healthy and happy baby, I’m able to tolerate them without wanting to call my OB every 10 minutes!
DISCLOSURE: This is NOT a sponsored post. The links above are provided for your reference and several are from My Baking Addiction’s Amazon affiliate account. If items are purchased via these Amazon links, My Baking Addiction will receive a small commission.
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.