Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate! With the holidays just around the corner, what better ingredient to bake with than Scharffen Berger Chocolate ?
For this week’s My Baking Addiction and GoodLife Eats Holiday Recipe exchange, I wanted to share a delicious holiday cookie full of chocolate flavor…the molten caramel center is simply a bonus!
After making my ever so popular Rolo Stuffed Chip Cookies , I knew I wanted to rethink the use of Rolo’s. I stumbled this recipe from the 1990 Pillsbury Bake-Off and knew it would make the perfect addition to my holiday cookie list. Let me tell you, this cookies are absolutely amazing and will be a welcomed addition to any holiday cookie exchange!
If you are a chocolate lover and feeling inspired, check out Scharffen Berger’s Chocolate Adventure Contest . Essentially you combine Scharffen Berger artisan chocolate with one or more of 14 adventure ingredients, from saffron to stout beer. Then create a winning cupcake recipe for a chance to win up to $10,000. Yes, you read that correctly, $10,000! You can read all about the contest and find out how to enter by heading over to the Chocolate Adventure Contest site .
For a chance to win a $100 Scharffen Berger Prize Pack:
$100 Scharffen Berger Chocolate Prize Pack (1 winner), provided by Scharffen Berger.
Help us spread the word by letting your friends, family, and followers know about the contest. Email, Facebook, Tweet, Stumble…anything you want to do to promote this post is welcome.
December 8th, 2010
Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Cookies with vanilla fleur de sel
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened Scharffen Berger Cocoa Powder 
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract 
48 Rolo® Chewy Caramels in Milk Chocolate; unwrapped
1 tablespoon sugar
4 oz. vanilla-flavored candy coating, optional
vanilla fleur de sel ; optional
1. In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; mix well.
2. In large bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, brown sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well. Add flour mixture; blend well. If necessary, cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes for easier handling.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. For each cookie, with lightly floured hands, shape about 1 tablespoon dough around 1 caramel candy, covering completely. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Bake at 375°F. for 7 to 10 minutes or until set and slightly cracked. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes or until completely cooled.
5. Melt candy coating in the microwave according to package directions. Drizzle over cookies and sprinkle with vanilla fleur de sel .
- If you do not have vanilla fleur de sel, you can simply substitute regular sea salt.
- If you are not fond of the sweet and salty combination, omit the salt completely.
Adapted from Pillsbury
URLs in this post:
 Scharffen Berger Chocolate: http://www.scharffenberger.com/
 Rolo Stuffed Chip Cookies: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/rolo-stuffed-chocolate-chip-cookies/
 Scharffen Berger’s Chocolate Adventure Contest: http://www.chocolateadventurecontest.com/
 goodLife Eats: http://www.goodlifeeats.com/
 Chocolate-Orange Bread: http://www.goodlifeeats.com/2010/12/recipe-exchange-chocolate-orange-bread.html
 My Baking Addiction: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/tag/holiday-recipe-exchange/
 GoodLife Eats: http://www.goodlifeeats.com/2010/11/vanilla-salted-caramel-hot-chocolate.html
 available here: http://www.goodlifeeats.com/2010/11/holiday-recipe-exchange-details.html
 contact Katie: http://www.goodlifeeats.com/contact
 Jamie: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/contact/
 Scharffen Berger Cocoa Powder: http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=3176203&prrfnbr=3237557&pcgrfnbr=3222873
 pure vanilla extract: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/how-to-make-homemade-vanilla-extract/
 vanilla fleur de sel: http://www.beanilla.com/vanilla-fleur-c-33.html?osCsid=fb90089b3096a21b3a197315db174ff9