If you happened to catch my post on How To Skin Hazelnuts , you may remember me saying that I have reawakened my obsession with Nutella. You may also recall me stating that my pantry was in absolute disarray from the holidays. When I finally reorganized it, I happened upon a brand new jar of Nutella that had fallen behind my baking drawer – jackpot!
This little find rekindled my love affair with all things Nutella in a big way. The entire weekend turned into a pretty ridiculous Nutella recipe marathon. First in queue are these incredibly delicious and ridiculously simple No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes.
Brian had invited friends over for a football game coupled with grilled cheese sandwiches and chili. This is definitely not the norm when we have guests, but it’s what Brian’s friend, Dave, requested – according to Dave, I make one hell of a grilled cheese. While Dave didn’t request dessert, you simply can’t come to our house for dinner without getting one. I used what I had on hand and created No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes.
Oreo cookie crumbs create the foundation for a creamy, fluffy Nutella and cream cheese mixture that you’ll want to eat with a spoon straight from the mixing bowl with reckless abandon. Try to hold yourself back, though, because finished with chocolate curls and toasted, chopped hazelnuts, you’ll have a quick, delicious dessert perfect for any meal – even weeknight grilled cheese!
January 30th, 2012
No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
12 Oreo Cookies, crushed into crumbs
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup Nutella
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
whipped topping, optional
chocolate shavings, optional
toasted, chopped hazelnuts, optional
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Evenly divide the crumbs between your individual serving dishes and press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a crust layer.
2. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until well blended and no streaks remain.
3. Evenly pipe or spoon the filling into individual serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
4. If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping, chocolate shavings, and/or toasted, chopped hazelnuts.
- I have not tried this recipe using fresh whipped cream, so I cannot attest to the results.
The small glass bowls were purchased from Pier 1. Spoons are from Ikea.
Source: My Baking Addiction
URLs in this post:
 How To Skin Hazelnuts: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/how-to-peel-skin-hazelnuts/