- My Baking Addiction - http://www.mybakingaddiction.com -
Orange-Cranberry Pancakes and A Giveaway
Growing up, my dad didn’t do too much of the cooking aside from the manly task of managing the outdoor grill. However, every once and a while, he would wake up early and make us the most incredible breakfasts.
In my opinion, he is the world’s best sausage patty cooker…ever!
Although most of the men I know don’t cook much, they all love to get their grill on, so when I was putting together a holiday gift guide, I knew I had to include a gift idea for the guys! I am a HUGE fan of everything Le Creuset, so I figured their fantastic reversible grill/griddle would be the perfect addition to my gift guide.
I love my reversible grill/griddle for everything from grilling a steak indoors to preparing a big batch of fluffy pancakes on Sunday mornings. In fact, this morning I used some leftover cranberry sauce to make a delectable stack of Cranberry-Pancakes. Topped with maple syrup, these Cranberry-Orange pancakes definitely hit the spot, plus what better way can you think of to use up Thanksgiving leftovers?
If you have never used a grill/griddle pan before, it is an extremely versatile addition to anyone’s kitchen. The pan fits over two burners to allow a large cooking surface, so it’s perfect for grilling up a batch of burgers or making French toast for a small army! Its enameled cast iron construction holds up to some serious temperatures and disperses heat like a dream. Plus, its slim profile tucks away perfectly into my cookie sheet cabinet.
In the spirit of the season, we are giving away one of these fantastic Le Creuset Reversible Grill/Griddle to one lucky My Baking Addiction reader.
That’s simple…head over to Le Creuset’s website and browse their selection of cookware. Then come back to this page and tell me which item tops your holiday wish list!
Each item you do will get you ONE chance to win (for a total of 5 chances), if you ALREADY do any of these things, they DO count! So make sure to comment for each item! You MUST leave each entry as a separate comment or only one comment will count!
1. Follow @lecreuset and @bakingaddiction on Twitter and tweet the following statement then come back to this post and tell us you tweeted.
I just entered to win a Reversible Grill/Griddle from @lecreuset and @bakingaddiction Enter here: http://wp.me/pLmkg-GP #giveaway
2. “Like” Le Creuset on Facebook.
3. “Like” My Baking Addiction on Facebook.
4. Vote for My Baking Addiction in the Breakstone’s Triple Churned Challenge. You can vote once every 24 hours. Leave a separate comment for each vote!
-This giveaway is open to USA residents only and will run until Friday, 12/3/10 at 11:59 pm EST.
-Winner will be drawn via random.org and will be contacted via the email provided on the comment contact form.
-Winner will have until Monday (12/6/10) to claim their Le Creuset Reversible Grill/Griddle, or I will have to choose another winner.
This giveaway is provided to you by Le Creuset. The views and opinions expressed on My Baking Addiction are purely my own and based upon my personal experiences with Le Creuset products. I was not monetarily compensated for this review or giveaway.
November 28th, 2010
Yield: 4 Servings
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Zest on 1/2 orange
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup Orange-Cranberry Sauce (or any type of cranberry sauce)
1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg, butter, vanilla and orange zest into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
3. Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium heat, and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the skillet, and scatter cranberries around the pancake and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
Notes: If you don’t have leftover cranberry sauce, you can substitute in fresh or frozen blueberries or simply make the pancakes without any fruit.
Adapted from allrecipes
Article printed from My Baking Addiction: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com
URL to article: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/orange-cranberry-pancakes-and-a-giveaway/
Copyright © 2014 My Baking Addiction. All rights reserved.