Ritz Cracker Chicken
Ritz Cracker Chicken couldn’t be easier, or more delicious. With just a handful of ingredients, you’ll have dinner on the table in no time!
I stumbled across this recipe years ago, and immediately fell in love with it. Talk about the easiest of dinners! Not only does it require very little prep time – only about 5 minutes, – it’s also pretty dang delicious. But, let’s be real, what’s not to love about crispy, buttery Ritz crackers and butter?
I’ve mentioned in the past that I have a very picky eater for a husband. The guy would gladly eat spaghetti with red sauce six days out of seven. However, he’d happily rotate this Ritz Cracker Chicken with said spaghetti, or noodles and gravy, and be completely content for all of eternity. Okay, maybe he’d throw pizza into the mix every once in a while, but you get my point. This chicken is his jam.
Not only is this Ritz Cracker Chicken delicious and easy to make, it pairs really well with all sorts of side dishes. From buttered noodles and a fresh salad, to marinara with spaghetti or mashed potatoes, this chicken recipe will most definitely become one of your go-to main dishes – especially on busy weeknights. I mean, you can’t even order a pizza to be delivered in the time it takes this recipe to come together from start to finish.
Even though it’s not the fanciest of meals, I’ve served it numerous times when we’ve had family over and everyone always falls in love with it immediately. Both my Dad and my mom’s boyfriend actually proclaimed it to be “the best chicken they’d ever tasted”. That, my friends is a pretty serious claim, because they can both be tough critics.
What I really enjoy is that I can take that base recipe and make it fit any sort of sides we want to have by switching up the spice profile. Think Italian seasoning, BBQ seasoning, Ranch dressing, or even Frank’s Red Hot.
The simple combination of Ritz Crackers and butter creates a wonderfully crispy outside, but an incredibly juicy and tender inside. It’s exactly what you want baked chicken to be. There’s nothing dried out or lacking in flavor here!
Ritz Cracker Chicken
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 sleeve of Ritz Crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place beaten eggs and cracker crumbs into two separate shallow bowls.
- Add garlic salt, black pepper and Italian seasoning to the cracker crumbs and stir to combine.
- Dip each chicken breast into the eggs and then into the crumb mixture to completely coat the chicken.
- Arrange chicken in a 9x13-inch baking dish and arrange cubes of butter around each breast.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.