- My Baking Addiction - http://www.mybakingaddiction.com -
Hey MBA readers! I hope you all have had a fabulous start to the week. I’m out of town for a few days, but I have a couple of great guest bloggers here to pick up my slack.
If you follow me on Facebook, you may remember me raving and teasing you guys about a recipe that featured Rolos. We enjoyed the recipe so insanely much that it prompted me to go on a serious Rolo baking binge. Then it dawned on me – why not have an entire week devoted to Rolos? I mean, what’s not to love about chewy caramel covered in milk chocolate?
My first guest post comes from the ever so lovely Kristan (pronounced Kris-TANNE, not to be confused with that other popular moniker, Krist-TEN) of the popular food baking blog, Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. Kristan’s site is full of incredible recipes: from Butter Beer Cupcakes to Homemade Boston Cream Pie Twinkies, you’re met with delightful sugary goodness at every turn.
Not only is Kristan a talented baker and blogger, her sense of humor and charm will keep you coming back for more. If you have never been to her site, I urge you to drop whatever you are doing at this very moment and head over. Make sure you’re crazy comfortable, because I can guarantee you’ll be doing some serious browsing.
I’m Kristan from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen and I’m so excited to be guest posting for Jamie today. I was a blog reader way before I decided to start my own blog, and Jamie was always one of my favorites. Her photos are gorgeous and her recipes are always very approachable, which is perfect for someone like me who has had no formal training in the kitchen.
What I’m saying is, I don’t cook a lot of fancy stuff.
So when Jamie was all, “Hey do you want to do a Rolo recipe”, it was almost just too perfect. Because candy + baked goods + me = pretty much my life.
Thanks so much for letting me visit today. I hope to see you over at my pink and sparkly blog sometime!!
With that being said–let’s make some brownies, want to?
June 21st, 2011
Yield: 12 servings
1 box dark chocolate fudge cake mix
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
About 40 Rolos, unwrapped (I bought a 12 oz bag and ate the extras)
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter a 8 inch square baking pan or spray well with nonstick baking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, evaporated milk, and butter until combined. Divide mixture in half and press half into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven and set aside. Let brownies cool for about 10 minutes.
3. Place Rolos over the surface of the brownies, very close together. Sprinkle peanut butter chips in all the spaces between. On a piece of parchment or wax paper, pat remaining brownie dough into a rough 8 inch square. Turn onto the top of the Rolo layer, dough side down and peel paper off. Place in the oven and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
4. Let brownies cool before cutting into squares and eating.
**adapted from Knock You Naked Brownies
I'm Kristan, the baker, mom, and displaced housewife behind the food and humor blog Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Article printed from My Baking Addiction: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com
URL to article: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/rolo-brownies-recipe/
Copyright © 2014 My Baking Addiction. All rights reserved.