Sugar and spice and everything nice, that’s what little girls are made of. Today I’ve come together with a group of blogging friends to throw a virtual baby shower for the adorable, hilarious, and incredibly talented Kristan of Confessions of a Cookbook Queen .
If you follow Kristan’s blog, you might be aware of the fact she’s expecting baby  Lucy in the near future. Kristan and her cutie patootie son, Jon David, have been keeping us updated with their awesome pregnancy pics which have proven that Kristan is pretty much the cutest pregnant mom in the entire world.
There are so many things that I simply adore about Kristan – her humor and mad baking skills definitely rank at the top of the list, but she’s also an incredibly awesome mom. And I honestly could not be more thrilled that she’s going to have beautiful baby girl to share her love of cupcakes, glitter and the color pink with.
Sugar and Spice Cupcakes are simple, yet incredibly perfect for so many occasions. And of course no cupcake for Kristan is complete without a little sprinkling of sparkle!
Cookies and Cups | Zebra Cake Cupcakes 
The Hungry Housewife | White Cupcakes 
She Wears Many Hats | Pretty in Pink Party Marshmallows 
Two Peas and Their Pod | Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes 
Bluebonnets and Brownies | Apple Cider Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting 
My Baking Addiction | Sugar and Spice Cupcakes 
Picky Palate | Pumpkin Brownie Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream 
Blooming on Bainbridge | Twinkie Cupcakes with Pink Cherry Frosting 
Food For My Family | Pomegranate and Lime Olive Oil Yogurt Cupcakes 
Bakingdom | Homemade Twinkie Cupcakes 
Sprinkle Bakes | Princess Torte Cupcakes 
Glorious Treats | Sweet Baby Cupcakes with Easy Fondant Toppers 
Sweet Sugarbelle | Damask Cookies 
Buns In My Oven | Maple Cupcakes with Maple Frosting 
Dine and Dish | Neapolitan Cream Filled Cupcakes 
Chocolate and Carrots | Whole Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes 
Bake at 350 | Little Pumpkin Cupcakes 
Living Locurto | Baby Shower Printables 
October 22nd, 2012
Sugar and Spice Cupcakes
Yield: about 24 cupcakes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
1 (15.25 ounce) box Betty Crocker Yellow Cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 tablespoon homemade pumpkin pie spice 
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1.5 pounds (about 5 3/4 cups) confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon homemade pumpkin pie spice 
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, water, eggs, and vanilla. Beat for about two minutes on medium speed until well combined.
3. Using a large cookie scoop, distribute the batter between 24 muffin wells; about 3 tablespoons of batter per well.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes or until the tops of the cakes spring back when lightly touched. Allow cupcakes to cool inside muffin tins for about 10 minutes.
5. Remove cupcakes from muffin tins and allow to fully cool on a wire rack. Once cupcakes are cool, prepare your frosting.
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter medium-high speed for about 6 minutes.
2. Turn the mixer down to low speed and gradually add in the confectioners' sugar until it is completely incorporated. Add in pumpkin pie spice and vanilla and mix until incorporated. Gradually add in the heavy cream and mix until incorporated. Turn off the mixer and check the buttercream for taste and texture. Turn the mixer back up to medium-high speed and beat the mixture for about 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. If the buttercream is a bit too thick, you add in a bit more heavy cream one teaspoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
3. Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes and if desired, garnish with a sprinkling of coarse sparkling sugar.
- This recipe is written for 15.25 ounce cake mixes. If you are using an 18.25 ounce cake mix, you'll want to increase the sour cream and vegetable oil to 1 cup each.
- A large French tip was used to pie the frosting.
Source: My Baking Addiction
URLs in this post:
 Confessions of a Cookbook Queen: http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/
 baby: http://www.confessionsofacookbookqueen.com/tag/baby-2/
 Zebra Cake Cupcakes: http://cookiesandcups.com/zebra-cake-cupcakes/
 White Cupcakes : http://www.thehungryhousewife.com/2012/10/white-cupcakes-for-a-virtual-baby-shower.html
 Pretty in Pink Party Marshmallows: http://shewearsmanyhats.com/2012/10/party-marshmallows/
 Dark Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/dark-chocolate-cupcakes-with-raspberry-buttercream-frosting/
 Apple Cider Cupcakes with Salted Caramel Frosting: http://www.bluebonnetsandbrownies.com/2012/10/22/
 Sugar and Spice Cupcakes: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/sugar-and-spice-cupcakes/
 Pumpkin Brownie Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream: http://picky-palate.com/2012/10/22/pumpkin-brownie-cupcakes-with-vanilla-bean-buttercream/
 Twinkie Cupcakes with Pink Cherry Frosting: http://www.bloomingonbainbridge.com/2012/10/twinkie-cupcakes-with-pink-cherry.html
 Pomegranate and Lime Olive Oil Yogurt Cupcakes: http://foodformyfamily.com/recipes/pomegranate-and-lime-olive-oil-yogurt-cupcakes
 Homemade Twinkie Cupcakes: http://www.bakingdom.com/2012/10/homemade-twinkie-cupcakes.html
 Princess Torte Cupcakes: http://sprinklebakes.com
 Sweet Baby Cupcakes with Easy Fondant Toppers: http://www.glorioustreats.com/2012/10/sweet-baby-cupcakes-with-easy-fondant-toppers.html
 Damask Cookies: http://www.sweetsugarbelle.com/blog/2012/10/pretty-stenciled-damask-cookies/
 Maple Cupcakes with Maple Frosting: http://bunsinmyoven.com/?p=5485
 Neapolitan Cream Filled Cupcakes: http://dineanddish.net/2012/10/baby-love-recipe-neapolitan-cream-filled-cupcakes
 Whole Wheat Chocolate Cupcakes: http://chocolateandcarrots.com/?p=10514
 Little Pumpkin Cupcakes: http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/2012/10/rosey-little-pumpkin-cupcakes.html
 Baby Shower Printables: http://livinglocurto.com
 homemade pumpkin pie spice: http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/pumpkin-pie-spice-recipe/