Potato Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup crushed potato chips (ridged or regular)
1/2 cup ground pecans
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes. With your mixer on low speed, add in potato chips and pecans and mix on low speed until fully incorporated. Add vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined. Stir in flour and mix the flour is just combined; do not over-mix.
3. Using a medium cookie scoop (1 ½ tablespoons) scoop dough into 1 inch balls. Place dough balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
4. Slightly flatten each dough ball with a glass dipped in confectioners’ sugar.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
6. If desired, garnish cooled cookies with a drizzle of melted chocolate and a sprinkling of fine sea salt.
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!