Holiday Recipe Exchange | Chocolate Caramel Tarts
Katie and I have been pretty excited about our first post for the Holiday Recipe Exchange. After months of organizing while enjoying some of my No Bake Cookies in the process – we are ready to launch the series today with our first sponsor – Scharffen Berger. If you’ve heard of Scharffen Berger, you know their name and brand is pretty much synonymous with high quality dark chocolate.
Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker is the first bean to bar artisan chocolate maker established in the United States within the past 50 years. With a full line of eating and home baking products, Scharffen Berger® chocolate is made from the world’s best cacao beans that are perfectly fermented and roasted, elevating your classic recipes with new depths of flavor.
I came across this recipe for a Chocolate Caramel Tart months ago and knew immediately that this would be the recipe that I would be featuring for the Scharffen Berger Holiday Recipe Exchange. In my book, there is nothing more delicious and luxurious than a perfectly salted caramel dessert – add in Scharffen Berger chocolate and you pretty much have my version of dessert bliss.
These tarts are not only decadent, rich and buttery, it’s knock-your-socks-off good! If I’m being honest, these mini tarts were my main source of nourishment for about a 24 hour period. Not that I’m encouraging this behavior – just warning ya!
October 1st marked the the launch of Scharffen Berger Chocolate’s Elevate a Classic Dessert contest. Enter with an inspired dessert for your chance at prizes totaling $20,000!
For more Scharffen Berger deliciousness, be sure to check out Katie’s recipe for Dark Chocolate Orange Pudding.
Chocolate Caramel Tarts
Yield: 6 Servings
FOR THE CRUST1 1⁄2 cups flour 1⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon dutch-process unsweetened cocoa powder 1⁄4 teaspoon. kosher salt 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed and softened 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tablespoons. confectioners' sugar 2 egg yolks, room temperature 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
FOR THE CARAMEL1 1⁄2 cups sugar 3 tablespoons light corn syrup 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt 6 tablespoons water 6 tablespoons unsalted butter 6 tablespoons heavy cream 1 tablespoon sour cream 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
FOR THE GANACHE1⁄2 cup heavy cream 4 oz. Scharffen Berger Bittersweet Chocolate, finely chopped Vanilla Fleur de Sel for garnish (optional)
How To Participate
For a chance to win a $150 Scharffen Berger Chocolate Gift Basket:
- Write and post a recipe on your blog featuring CHOCOLATE .
- Include “Come join the fun at the My Baking Addiction and GoodLife Eats Holiday Recipe Swap sponsored by Scharffen Berger.” in your blog post.
- No blog? Just leave your recipe in the comments section.
- Add your link to the widget on either GoodLife Eats or My Baking Addiction (we have the same widget code, so only add it on one site).
- Submit your post before Oct. 10, 11:59 AM.
- Anyone can participate in the link up, but the prizes will ship to US addresses only.
- More detailed info are available here.
Link Up Your Recipes:
Love any of the recipes featured in today’s Holiday Recipe Exchange? If so, be sure to to use the Ziplist Web Recipe Clipper to add your holiday favorites to your online recipe box.
‘); // ]]>
This Week’s Prize:
$150 Scharffen Berger Chocolate Gift Basket (1 winner), provided by Scharffen Berger.
- 1 Copy of The Essence of Chocolate
- 1 – Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder 6oz
- 1 – Sweetened Natural Cocoa Powder 8oz
- Roasted Cacao Nibs 6oz
- 2 – 99% Unsweetened Baking Bars 9.7oz
- 2 – 70% Bittersweet Baking Bars 9.7oz
- 2 – 62% Semisweet Baking Bars 9.7oz
- 2 – 70% Bittersweet Baking Chunks 6oz
- 2 – 62% Semisweet Baking Chunks 6oz
Recipe Theme Schedule: