Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
I come from a cheesecake obsessed family. Whether it’s mini cheesecakes in jars for a spring birthday party or a pumpkin cheesecake on Thanksgiving, a cheesecake of some variety graces our table for almost every occasion. It’s one of those desserts that immediately takes me back to being a kid and baking with my Nana.
Perched up on a kitchen stool, I’d help her every step of the way. From sifting cups of flour and cutting shapes into pie dough to rolling up the perfect pumpkin roll, I was always her right hand girl. Many times, we’d bake the day away and then deliver our sweet treats to neighbors, church friends, and family. I loved every minute of it. In that kitchen is where my love for baking began.
When McCormick asked me to bake and share a recipe that reminded me of my mom or grandma, I knew exactly what I wanted to share with you – yep, you guessed it – cheesecake. And since Mother’s Day is just around the corner, I thought Easy Mini Lemon Cheesecakes would be the perfect way to celebrate the day.
I’m always been a fan of individual desserts. They’re super cute and come with built in portion control, which is definitely a good thing for this cheesecake loving girl! With a short list of ingredients and about 30 minutes, you’ll have perfectly baked cheesecakes that are full of spring flavors and fit for any Mother’s Day brunch.
Nana always used McCormick vanilla extract, it was a staple ingredient in all of her baked goods. And there’s no question why – McCormick’s Pure Vanilla Extract has been one of America’s essential baking ingredients for over a century. Starting with a staff of three in 1889, McCormick has grown to become the country’s largest producers of extracts. Every time I pick up a bottle of McCormick vanilla extract, I’m reminded of our time in Nana’s kitchen.
Mini Lemon Cheesecakes
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- zest of one large lemon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 12 vanilla wafers
- 1 cup homemade lemon curd
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking liners.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese for about two minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Mix with your fingertips until sugar becomes moist and fragrant. Add lemon sugar to cream cheese and mix until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and lemon juice; beat well.
- Place a wafer in the bottom of each muffin cup. Spoon batter into each cup, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake 22 to 24 minutes or until centers are almost set.
- Cool in pan on wire rack. (Mini cheesecakes will deflate in center upon cooling.).
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish cheesecakes with lemon curd and fresh raspberries.
Recipe adapted from McCormick Easy Mini CheesecakesAll images and text ©
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by My Baking Addiction on behalf of McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract . The views and opinions expressed on My Baking Addiction are purely my own.
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.