As you can all see, we’ve been going a little craft crazy here on My Baking Addiction! There are so many great ideas out there that I want to try and it’s always fun to share another Halloween idea with you. Holiday wreaths are everywhere, and there are so many cool ones to choose from.
Jamie and I really liked the wreaths that use handmade felt rosettes, so I turned this Valentine’s Day wreath idea from Handmade by Stacy Vaughn into one that can be used for the Fall holiday season. This idea is really versatile and could be used for any time of the year by switching up the colors. I used orange and gold felt so the wreath could be used all Autumn long, and I switched from black ribbon to brown to take it from Halloween to Thanksgiving.
What You Will Need:
- 1 1/2 yards felt
- plumbing insulation tube (available at Home Depot or Lowes)
- masking tape
- fabric glue or stronger (I used fabric glue and super glue)
How To Assemble:
- Cut the felt into squares (3×3-5×5 inches). They don’t all need to be the same size. In fact, different sizes help give the wreath depth.
- Cut the squares into circles with the notch (as pictured)
- Cut the circles into spirals, leaving a small circle at the end that will be the base of the rosette
- Roll the spiral into a rosette and glue the base to the flower
- Cut the plumbing insulation tube down to 3-4 ft and tape into a circle
- Stuff the tube with the felt scraps to help keep the shape of the wreath and tape along the seam to secure
- Glue your rosettes and be patient… this takes a while
- After dry attaching your ribbon, hang on door (or dog), and admire your hard work!
I couldn’t resist introducing you to my helper Olive, she is very sweet and let me use her as a model.
– This craft takes a LOT of patience and a LOT of glue. You might want to skip the craft glue and grab your hot glue gun and a big tube of super glue.
– Feel free to use any color of felt and ribbon that strikes your fancy and don’t be afraid to use multiple colors!
*We hope you enjoy this Halloween craft as much as we do. If you decide to create this wreath or any of the craft projects that we shared with you, please feel free to share your finished product. Snap a picture and share it on our Facebook page! Have a craft idea you’d love to share? We’d love to mingle with you on Pinterest!
I'm Lindsay, the owner of OliveTree Handmade. I love designing and creating re-purposed and vintage inspired jewelry and accessories using vintage pieces and old/unwanted/broken items. Giving new life to something that otherwise wouldn't be used or thrown away.