Halloween… the time of year for all things spooky. I was never a fan of Halloween as a kid. Now don’t get me wrong. I love copious amounts of Trick-o-Treat candy, but all the ghouls, witches, and goblins truly freaked me out.
I was never one to be particularly entertained by the Freddy Krueger, Jason or Halloween movies. To be honest, I would “watch” them through the cracks of my fingers or from the edge of my pillow, but never to the point that I could follow the plot or retell the story.
I would walk through haunted houses in complete blindness latching myself onto the person in front of me as a guide. To this day, the scary aspects of Halloween do not appeal to me. I am as big of a scardy cat today as I was fifteen years ago. However, I do like the cute, fun, playful side of Halloween and definitely like creating treats based upon this time of the year.
So I thought I would throw together something fun and host a giveaway just in time for the 31st! My first Halloween themed sweet treat is Candy Corn Bark. This stuff is sinfully sweet, but so cute and easy – I could not resist giving a whirl! I hope you enjoy this recipe, and I hope it doesn’t hurt your teeth too much!
Candy Corn Bark
10 Halloween-colored chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped (I used regular Oreos)
3/4 cup broken small pretzel sticks
12 ounce bag of white chocolate chips
1 cup candy corn
orange and brown sprinkles
1. Line an 8×8 baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Spread the cookies and pretzels in the bottom of the pan.
3. Melt chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water, or in the microwave, stirring frequently until melted. Remove from the heat while there are still a few chunks, and stir until smooth. White chocolate burns easily.
4. Drizzle chocolate with a spoon over the goodies in the pan, spreading the top flat to coat evenly.
5. Top with candy corn and sprinkles. Let cool until firm. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
adapted from allrecipesAll images and text © for My Baking Addiction
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!