Makes 32 brownies.
Ingredients for the “Brownie Batter”:
2 Sticks unsalted butter, cut into pieces
5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 cups superfine sugar*
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
Ingredients for the “Cheesecake Batter”:
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese; softened
2/3 cup superfine sugar*
2 large egg yolks
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Method for the “Brownie Batter”:
1. Put an oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line a 9×13 inch square baking pan with foil and butter.
3. Heat butter and chocolate in a 3-quart heavy saucepan over moderately low heat, whisking occasionally, just until melted. (I used the microwave)
4. Remove from heat, pour into a big bowl and whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until well combined and shiny.
5. Whisk in flour and baking powder until just combined and spread in baking pan.
Method for the “Cheesecake Batter” and for baking the brownies:
6. Whisk together the cheesecake batter ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
7. Dollop over brownie batter, then swirl in with a knife or spatula.
8. Bake until the edges are slightly puffed and center is just set, about 45 minutes.
9. Let cool on a wire rack.
*Note- If you do not have superfine sugar, just throw some granulated sugar in the food processor for a few seconds. Also, these are pretty sweet, so you could definitely cut down the amount of sugar in the brownie batter!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.