If you follow me on twitter, you may remember me saying that I was on a mission to use up a bunch of stuff in my fridge and pantry before buying more items from the grocery store.
Well, this mission includes baking. I have set out to use all the coconut, nuts, sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, baking chips, etc I have acquired in the past few months. Today’s recipe will be the first installment of my Clean Out the Pantry series!
If you are at all like me, you see recipes, you pick up the ingredients, you make the recipes and then you are left with random odds and ends that never seem to amount to much. Well, that is where the allrecipes ingredient search and google come in mighty handy my friends. Just plug in what you have on hand, and they do the searching for ya – sift through the recipes and have dinner or dessert on the table in no time, with no extra trips to the grocery store.
I made these cookies BIG – exactly 2.1 ounces each measured out with my beloved digital scale. These cookies came out super delicious and were gobbled up by Bri’s co-workers and most importantly, did not cost me any extra cash or trips to the grocery store!
Stay tuned for my next Clean Out the Pantry recipe for Rocky Road Ice Cream!!! Have a fabulous day and thanks for stopping by!
Coconut, Pecan & Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: 18 large cookies
2 cups all-purpose flour (280 gms)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour (20 gms)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled until warm (170 gms)
1 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark, 236 gms)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk, from a large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate or any combination, 300 gms)
1 cup of chopped pecans
3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1. Place oven racks in the upper and lower 1/3′s of the oven.
2. Pre-heat oven to 325°F. (I baked these at 350°F)
3. Cover 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
4. Mix flour, baking powder & salt in a bowl or bag and set aside.
5. Mix butter and sugars with with a mixer until blended and smooth, add egg, yolk & vanilla; mix until incorporated.
6. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
7. Stir in chips, pecans and coconut.
8. Divide into 18 equal balls, a 2″ cookie scoop works just about perfectly, about 60 gms each (2.1 ounces). (After rolling the balls, I flattened them slightly with the palm of my hand)
9. EVENLY space 9 on each cookie sheet.
10. Bake for 12-18 minutes, rotating front to back and top to bottom after 8 minutes. (Mine baked for 14 minutes)
11. Cool on sheets to maintain chewy texture.
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!