Valentine’s Day is almost upon us. Most of you are probably reaching for that Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe, a simple Chocolate Cupcake or maybe even getting a little playful with some Red Velvet Puppy Chow, but don’t forget about a classic favorite–the Oreo.
But these aren’t just any Oreos, these are The Ultimate Oreos with soft fudgey cookies and a cookies & cream filling that will make you fall in love (or make someone fall in love with you).
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies:
1 Box Devil's Food Cake Mix (I prefer the Pillsbury mixes)
1/3 cup oil
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup mini chocolate chips
6 oz. cream cheese
6 tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-3 cups powdered sugar
8 Oreos, finely crushed in a food processor
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with parchment paper.
2. Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and brown sugar. Fold in mini chocolate chips. Batter will be thick.
3. Place small dough balls (about the size of 2 teaspoons) on cookie sheets 3 inches apart. Use your fingers to gently press the dough balls down to make them look like little "disks" rather than mounds of dough. Cake mix cookies tend to bake up tall, so we flatten them a little.
4. Bake for 6-9 minutes depending on how fudge-y or cake-y you want them to be.
5. Remove from pans and let cool.
6. Oreo Filling: Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla extract and slowly add in powdered sugar until your reach your desired consistency. Fold in crushed Oreos. (I like to sift my crushed Oreos to make sure I don't accidentally put in a large chunk of cookie.)
7. Frost the bottoms of half the cookies, then take the unfrosted cookies and place them on top to "sandwich" them together!
Note: Place in a tupperware and let set in the fridge. This stiffens the filling so that when you bite into them, the frosting doesn't gush out the sides. They taste DIVINE after being in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!
Saturday 15th of November 2014
SO good! Next time, though, I will definitely make them a little smaller. The cookies in my first batched were HUGE. The second batch looked more like the ones in the pictures on this site.
Sunday 16th of November 2014
Allison- I am so glad the cookies turned out for you. Thanks for visiting.
Sunday 9th of November 2014
These are absolutely amazing! They're tasty frozen too!
Sunday 9th of November 2014
Mell- I'm so glad you liked them. Thanks for visiting.
Wednesday 16th of April 2014
Your cookie recipes look amazing! I have just started a baking blog myself and would love it if you checked it out!
Monday 10th of February 2014
Will these freeze will once made into the sandwich?
Tuesday 9th of December 2014
They freeze very well and actually I liked them better frozen!
Sunday 9th of February 2014
Do you remove the cream from the Oreos before you put them in the food processor?
Wednesday 12th of February 2014
I made these today and kept the cream in the cookies and with the chocolate chips and all that powdered sugar, they ended up being way too sweet in my opinion. I would recommend to remove the cream to cut down on some of the sweetness (of course you can cut down on the powdered sugar too but this is a start)