As promised, here is another recipe that I have made over and over again; however, I have never blogged them. You may have guessed by the title that I am talking about Magic Bars. Let me be honest, these are not a personal fave of mine, but many people rave over them; therefore, they are worthy of repeating! They are a super simple bar cookie that consists of a graham cracker crust, topped with chocolate chips, pecans (or walnuts), coconut and sweetened condensed milk.
These are definitely sweet and for some reason really seem to appeal to the male species. The beauty of this recipe is that it is made with very common ingredients and can honestly be whipped together in under ten minutes. It can also be easily adapted to your preferences by changing up the nuts and/or the type of chips you use. I have tinkered with peanut butter chips as well as butterscotch chips with yummy results! These Magic Bars are also a great dessert to take to a potluck and kids gobble them up in no time flat!
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
1 1/3 cups sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Line a 9"x13" pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the butter and graham crackers. Evenly press the mixture into to bottom of the 9"x13" pan.
4. Next place the chopped nuts over the graham cracker crust and spread the chocolate chips over the nuts. Add the coconut over all, and pour the milk evenly over the top.
5. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly brown on top. Cool at least 20 minutes then cut into desired sized bars.
adapted from allrecipesAll images and text ©
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!