Mini Lemon Cakes for the Fourth of July
This morning I woke up and decided to whip together a little Fourth of July dessert that would be easy, but also delicious and festive. Since I am so in love with my mini bundt pans, I decided to use them yet again, this time for mini lemon pound cakes.
I was excited to make these because I was able to use a new product that was introduced to me by Stonyfield Farms. About a month ago they contacted me and asked if I would like coupons to try their new Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt. Of course I accepted, and within a few days had a bunch of coupons and a great yellow tote on my doorstep.
It was a little difficult for me to find the yogurt, but once I did, I was in love! I am a big fan a Greek yogurt and find it to be a terrific addition to many recipes and a great substitute for sour cream. In fact, I used it in place of sour cream in this recipe and it came out delicious!!!
Stay tuned for more recipes with this yogurt because I have a bunch of great coupons. Be sure to check their website for coupons!!
I hope all of you have a safe and happy Fourth of July filled with great company and delicious food!
Fourth of July Lemon Bundt Cakes
1/2 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons and 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray mini bundt pans with non-stick spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon juice, peel and extract.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the Greek yogurt. Beat just until combined.
4. Pour into a greased pans. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Garnish with whipped cream or Cool Whip and lots of berries!
adapted from allrecipes
All images and text ©
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.