I was bored this weekend and decided to throw something together that utilized a boxed cake mix. I have quite a few of these in pantry, but they rarely get any love…I just buy them because they’re on sale (it’s a compulsion of sorts). I also had new mini bundt pans that were begging to be used…these things are too cute and were purchased at Target. While scrounging through the cupboards, I came up with a game plan that involved Nutella and a Chocolate Hazelnut Candy bar that was given to me by a friend. Since I am not a huge chocolate fan, it has remained in the cupboard unutilized for a couple of months. The results of this were really scrumptious. My dad proclaimed them to be a “chocolate lovers dream.” I will definitely make this again if I am in need of a quick, delicious dessert item. Plus anything miniaturized is rad in my book! Here is my very simple-minded concoction…
1 box of Devil’s Food Cake (mixed according to package directions)
1/2 cup Nutella
1 Chocolate Hazelnut Candy Bar ( I used a 7 ounce Côte D’Or Bar); chopped ( I chopped this pretty well not too chunky; but do not pulverize it either.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and spray your pan(s) with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
3. Mix in the Nutella to the batter.
4. Fold in 3/4 of the chopped candy bar; reserve the rest for garnish.
5. Pour into prepared pans and bake according to package directions. (My mini bundt cakes took 25 minutes.)
6. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
7. Remove from pan and cool completely.
8. Garnish with a bit of slightly warmed Nutella and remaining chopped candy bar.
Note: If you do not have access to the Côte D’Or Bar, I am sure any chocolate hazelnut bar will do. I know Lindt makes one as well!
Thursday 12th of February 2015
Can I make this in a 9 x 13 pan?
Wednesday 15th of April 2015
Mary- You can make this in a 9 X 13 pan but you may need to adjust the baking time. I hope this helps.
Saturday 9th of May 2009
Oh my goodness. It looks so yummy! I will have to try that sometime! Thanks!!
Wednesday 6th of May 2009
Very tempting! Love it!
Tuesday 5th of May 2009
OMG!! I love love love Nutella!! What an easy great sounding recipe!
Tuesday 5th of May 2009
that sounds good. I love nutella and am always looking for ways to put it in sweet yummy treats.