The Most Delicious Green Beans…
Spicy Green Beans
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon white vinegar
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons canola oil
3/4 pound green beans
3 medium cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon of Sriracha (more or less depending on your tolerance level) I use more because I like them spicy!
*Note-Make sure everything is prepped and ready to go before tossing anything in the pan. It will take just a few minutes to cook everything. It will go by quickly.
1 .Combine the soy sauce, white vinegar, sugar, Sriracha and red pepper flakes in a bowl and whisk until combined.
2. Mince the garlic, and cut the scallions however you see fit. I like the diagonal cut, but that’s just me.
3. Place the iron skillet over high heat for at least 5 minutes.
4. When everything is chopped and ready, toss in the oil, swirl until it coats the bottom of the skillet, and add the green beans. Cook until they are tender, about 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds or so. It will look like you’re murdering them, but be patient. It will work.
5. Dump in those neatly cut scallions and cook until they are gnarly. About another 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
6. Add the garlic and cook just until it becomes fragrant, about 5 to 10 seconds. Then add the soy sauce mixture. Cook for another 20 seconds or so, and then turn off the heat, and plate.
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.