I’ve not been in a Valentine’s Day mood as of late, but I simply couldn’t resist creating a couple of quick and easy desserts to share with you. And since no bake cheesecakes are one of my absolute favorite desserts, I thought I’d whip up a new Valentine’s Day inspired flavor just in time for the big day.
These little no bake cheesecakes are so versatile and can be made with any number of flavors. This strawberry and Oreo combination is not only delicious and decadent but perfect for Valentine’s Day. They can be made ahead of time, all while leaving your oven and stove top free to whip up a romantic main course. Or at least free to order take out – hello, Mongolian Beef and wonton soup!
The addition of a small chocolate covered strawberry makes this dessert a perfect Valentine’s Day treat. Try serving these in wine glasses or other elegant glasses for the perfect end to a romantic dinner. And since I’ve used Truvia Baking Blend instead of sugar, you may have just a little less guilt about indulging.
Disclosure: My Baking Addiction has teamed up with Truvia to develop recipes using Truvia® Baking Blend. This is a sponsored post written as part of that program. All opinions about Truvia Baking Blend are my own.
No Bake Strawberry Oreo Cheesecake
12 Oreo cookies, crushed into fine crumbs
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon Truvia Baking Blend (see note below for sugar substitution)
1 cup diced strawberries
8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, room temperature
8 oz tub of frozen whipped topping, thawed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Additional whipped topping, small chocolate covered strawberries or chocolate shavings
1. In a small bowl, mix Oreo crumbs and melted butter until crumbs are well moistened. Divide crumb mixture evenly among 6 serving cups and press into the bottom to form a crust layer.
2. In a small glass bowl, mix strawberries and Truvia Baking Blend (or sugar - see not below), tossing well to coat the strawberries. Allow strawberry mixture to sit for 10 minutes. At the end of the ten minutes, strawberries should have released some of their juice. Use a fork to mash strawberries.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add softened cream cheese and beat on medium until smooth and slightly fluffy. With the mixer on low, carefully add the strawberry mixture and vanilla extract. Slowly increase speed of mixer to medium and beat until the strawberries are well incorporated.
4. Using a spatula, gently fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture by hand.
Evenly spoon or pipe mixture into prepared serving cups. Refrigerate cheesecakes for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. If desired, serve with additional whipped topping and small chocolate covered strawberries.
-If you would prefer to use granulated sugar in place of the Truvia Baking Blend, simply substitute 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!
Tuesday 9th of August 2016
A quick question, how many does this recipe make?
Wednesday 10th of August 2016
Hi, Vector! The recipe serves approximately six people. I hope you like them!
Monday 24th of June 2013
Awesome looking recipe, gonna try it out in the next couple of days!
Quick question, as I want to make this into a whole cake instead (about 7" round), will the cake solidify enough for it to be removed from a spring form, or will it collapse without support and has to be made and consumed in a pan?
Friday 13th of September 2013
Hi Claire, This would definitely fall apart. I would suggest using a large trifle glass instead, and leaving it in the glass. - Jamie
Thursday 9th of May 2013
This dessert is perfect for Valentine's Day! Next Valentine's Day I'm going to try making these!
Monday 18th of February 2013
This will be made by the end of the week! Can't resist it's simplicity!
Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies
Wednesday 13th of February 2013
Yum! I love strawberries, my boyfriend loves cheesecake, and who doesn't love oreos? Perfect mix of everything for V-day :)