Summer is a laid-back time of year which sometimes means unannounced guests and impromptu barbeques. And at my house, those casual cookouts with friends are never complete without dessert.
I have a pretty decent recipe arsenal; however, sometimes I am left scrambling for a quick and simple dessert that’s not only visually appealing, but also delicious. This recipe is just that plus it’s full of that familiar tiramisu flavor without all of the work and it’s pretty easy on the wallet.
From start to finish this dessert will take you less than 20 minutes to create and they can even be made advance. Just whip them up in the morning and store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve. Pretty easy, right?
You can even serve the base recipe alone, but I decided to dress mine up a bit by combining it with chocolate cookie crumbs, freshly whipped cream, chocolate shavings and fresh raspberries.
Have a great weekend and Happy Father’s Day to all you amazing dads out there!
Easy Tiramisu Trifles
For the base
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup Sargento® Ricotta Cheese, any style
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon Kahlua
1 teaspoon instant espresso granules
For the layering
1 cup heavy cream, whipped with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
For the garnish
1. Combine whipping cream and sugar in food processor bowl fitted with metal blade.
2. Process 1 minute, or until cream is stiff. Transfer whipped cream to a medium bowl and set aside. (Do not clean bowl of food processor.)
3. Combine cheese, cocoa powder, Kahlua and instant espresso granules in food processor bowl. Process until blended. Add cheese mixture to bowl with whipped cream; fold in with rubber spatula until no white streaks remain.
4. Transfer to dessert glasses.
Create the Tiramisu base according to recipe directions. Layer it with freshly whipped cream and chocolate cookie crumbs. Finish them off with a sprinkling of chocolate shavings and fresh berries.
- Recipe adapted from Sargento Cheese Tiramisu Custard recipe.
- Recipe can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to one day before serving.
- If you are not a fan of Kahlua, substitute it for 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract.
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!