2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 (14 ounce) package caramels
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
2 cups chopped pecans, toasted and divided
4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels, melted and slightly cooled
1. Combine crumbs and butter; blend well.
2. Press into the bottom and 2 inches up the sides of a 10-inch springform pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set; cool.
4. In a saucepan over low heat, melt caramels in milk, stirring until smooth. Cool 5 minutes.
5. Pour into crust; top with 1 1/2 cups of pecans.
6. Freeze for 15 minutes so ensure layer does not mix in with cream cheese layer.
7. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.Add sugar and vanilla; mix well.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add chocolate; mix just until blended.
8. Carefully spread over pecans.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes or until filling is almost set.
10. Cool to room temperature. Chill overnight.
11. Garnish with drizzled chocolate, caramel, remaining pecans and whipped cream if desired.
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.