If your calendar looks anything like mine – you’re probably only a couple of days away from crazy. My December is brimming with holiday parties, potlucks, shopping dates, and family gatherings. And with all these festive commitments usually comes food and lots of it.
Along with arming you with a bunch of cookie recipes, I also wanted to provide you with a couple of simple appetizers that are sure to make your party prep a little easier and of course – more delicious!
Brian and I couldn’t get enough of this Feta Cheese Ball. We both kept sneaking into the fridge to steal a nibble throughout the day, even though we were supposed to be saving it for Brian’s co-workers.
The feta, cream cheese, oregano and garlic blend harmoniously to create an irresistible appetizer that will keep your guests congregated around the appetizer table long enough for you to finish all those last minute dinner preps that didn’t get done because the doorbell started ringing.
I love the fact that it’s simple, requires minimal prep work and it doesn’t require you to turn on the oven – especially when there’s cookies to made! Surround the Feta Cheese Ball with a variety of crackers, flat bread, and olives and you’ll create the perfect party platter for any event.
We hope you’ll join Katie and I this week in sharing your favorite recipes that feature feta cheese for a chance to win an pretty awesome gift basket from Athenos. Be sure and head over to Good Life Eats to check out Katie’s for Spinach- Feta Stuffing Balls.
December 7th, 2011
Feta Cheese Ball
Yield: 30 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
freshly cracked black pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer, combine cream cheese, feta cheese, olive oil, green onions, garlic, oregano and pepper.
2. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
3. Remove mixture from refrigerator and form into 1 or 2 balls. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. Serve with crackers, flatbread, olives, etc.
Source: My Baking Addiction adapted from allrecipes.com
How To Participate
For a chance to win an Athenos Feta Gift Basket valued at $150:
- Write and post a recipe on your blog featuring FETA.
- Include “Come join the fun at the My Baking Addiction and GoodLife Eats Holiday Recipe Swap sponsored by Athenos.” in your blog post.
- No blog? Just leave your recipe in the comments section.
- Add your link to the widget on either GoodLife Eats or My Baking Addiction (we have the same widget code, so only add it on one site).
- Submit your post before December. 14, 11:59 PM.
- Anyone can participate in the link up, but the prizes will ship to US addresses only.
- More detailed info are available here.
Link Up Your Recipes:
Love any of the recipes featured in today’s Holiday Recipe Exchange? If so, be sure to to use the Ziplist Web Recipe Clipper to add your holiday favorites to your online recipe box.
This Week’s Prize:
Athenos Feta Gift Basket valued at $150
- Serving Platter
- Serving Utensil Set
- 5 FREE coupons for Athenos Feta
- $50 Visa, Amazon, or Crate and Barrel Gift Card
Prizes provided by Athenos.