I don’t know what the weather is like in your neck of the woods, but in mine – it’s borderline brutal. Hot, humid and raining – like everyday. I live in Ohio, so I’m used to hot, humid summers, but this year it’s different – way different.
Out of the last 18 days, it’s rained 17. My backyard is a legit swamp and there are about one million mosquitoes perched on my back screen door just waiting to attack. Oh, and not to mention the numerous tornado warnings, which are anything but awesome when you have to hop into a crawl space through an itty bitty hole in your hall closet. The thought of it alone makes me all itchy. Are you sick of me complaining yet?
Due to all this awesomeness, I’ve turned into a bit of hermit. Which would be fantastic if I felt like turning on the oven, but I don’t. Seriously, who does when it’s blazin’ and steamy outside?
Basically what I am saying is this is one of two recipes that I have ready for MBA that includes an oven, so get ready to beat the heat with me armed with quite a few no-bake desserts.
Although these brownies do require the use of an oven, they’re totally worth it. Oooey, goooey and oh, so peanut buttery!
Peanut Butter Snickers are legitimately one of the best candy bar inventions in the last few years. I mean, it seems like every five minutes there’s some new or seasonal chocolate bar on the Target shelves, but I think we can all agree that from the minute Peanut Butter Snickers hit the shelves, they clearly had staying power.
It takes everything I have not to toss a bag into my cart on every visit. You’re going to feel that way about these brownies. Don’t leave them on the counter – you’ll eat more than you mean to in a single day.
So – how’s the weather in your neck of the woods?
July 10th, 2013
Peanut Butter Snickers Brownies
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
12 Fun Size Peanut Butter Snickers
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large bowl microwave-safe bowl at medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted.
3. Stir until chocolate is melted. Whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Gradually add in flour; stir until just combined.
4. Spread 1/2 the batter into prepared pan. Add an even layer of Fun Size Peanut Butter Snickers candy bars and cover with remaining 1/2 of brownie batter.
5. In a microwave safe bowl, heat peanut for about 10 seconds, just to thin it out a bit. Spoon the peanut butter into a zip top bag or a piping bag. Snip off the end and pipe the peanut butter across the top of the brownie batter. Use a knife or wooden skewer to swirl the peanut butter into the brownie batter.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes; do not over bake.
7. Allow to cool thoroughly, refrigerate, and cut into large squares.
- Take care not to overcook the brownies. We prefer ours a little on the gooey side, so I pull them at exactly 30 minutes.
- Brownies are best served the day they are made, but will keep for up to 2 days in an airtight container.