Must-Have Tools For The Home Baker
Some of the most common questions that pop up in my MBA email have to do with product suggestions. From seeking info about my most reached for spatulas to absolute my favorite mixers – you guys want answers, so I thought I’d create a post dedicated to my Must-Have Tools For The Home Baker.
1. Spatulas: I think I have around 20 spatulas laying around my kitchen, but for some reason I constantly reach for the OXO Good Grips 3 Piece Spatula Set. The spatulas have taken a beating and they’re still in perfect shape. The fun, bright colors are a definite bonus!
2. Rolling Pin: I’ve used several different types of rolling pins over the years and for whatever reason, I loathe rolling pins with moving parts. By far, my absolute favorite are French style pins. The tapered design allows for more control and since it’s lighter and less bulky, it takes up less storage space and it’s little easier on your arms if you’re rolling out a lot of dough.
3. Hand Mixer: It’s not always necessary to bust out the stand mixer, so for lighter mixing and whipping up egg whites, I adore my KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer. And I must say, the LED screen is pretty sweet!
4. Baking Pans: Let’s face it, I bake a lot, so I rely on quality baking pans. My absolute favorite pans are from 360 Bakeware. Their multi-ply construction allows for consistent, even heating and better heat conductivity than any other bakeware that I have ever used. If you’re interested, you can read my full review here.
5. Cookie Scoops: These OXO Good Grips Cookie Scoops are probably one of my most used kitchen tools. Varying sizes allow you to perfectly portion cupcakes (large scoop), cookies (medium scoop) and truffles (small scoop). They’re are super sturdy and function like new after 3 years of constant use.
6. Pastry Blender: Sure you can always go the route of using two forks to cut butter into flour, but I prefer to save a little time and energy by using an OXO Good Grips Pastry Blender. With a solid construction and fantastic, sturdy blades, this tool allows you to combine your ingredients with ease.
7. Pastry Scraper: I am obsessed with the OXO Good Grips Pastry Scraper/Cutter. Not only is super helpful when baking, it’s also great for transporting chopped items from your cutting board to pots and bowls with ease. Double duty is always a bonus in my book!
8. Cupcake Pan: You guys are well aware of the fact that I am absolutely obsessed with cupcakes, so when I stumbled upon this 24 well cupcake pan, I was immediately smitten. Not only does it cut down on your baking time, its super sturdy construction bakes cupcakes and muffins to perfection. It’s also great for mini meatloaves and quiches!
9. Marble Pastry Board: I have tiled countertops with is quite the bummer when trying to roll out any type of dough. After numerous annoying attempts of rolling on different surfaces, I decided to purchase a marble pastry board. It’s cool to the touch surface is perfect for rolling out pizza dough, shaping scones and so much more. I use it so much, it has a permanent spot on my countertop.
10. Stand Mixer: I absolutely adore my KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer. It’s my workhorse and BFF in the kitchen and I don’t think I could live without it.
So there you have it, my Top 10 Must-Have Tools For The Home Baker. I hope this list helps you out a bit if you’re in the market for new baking tools. If you have specific comments or questions regarding any of these products, feel free to comment below, or you can also reach me via the contact form.
DISCLOSURE: This is NOT a sponsored post. The links above are provided for your reference and several are from My Baking Addiction’s Amazon affiliate account. If items are purchased via these Amazon links, My Baking Addiction will receive a small commission.
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.