Cake Mix Cookies with Candy Corn M&Ms
With only a couple of days until Halloween, I thought I’d try to squeeze in one last trick-or-treat inspired dessert. When an MBA reader emailed me regarding Cake Mix Cookies, I knew exactly what I’d whip together to share with you. And they just so happen to be studded with Candy Corn M&Ms!
I honestly don’t know how Candy Corn M&Ms were able to steer off my radar for as long as they did, I mean – hello – I am a self-professed candy corn addict and I’m obsessed with everything that supposedly tastes like it. Case in point – Candy Corn Oreos.
A couple of weeks ago, I happened upon a festive display of Candy Corn M&Ms at Target and I was a little more excited than I care to admit publicly – yes, I have issues – we know this. Needless to say, I chucked a couple of bags of them into my Target cart.
Like the Candy Corn Oreos, the M&Ms aren’t overwhelming candy corny. I think Amber pretty much hit the nail on the head when she said they reminded her of Cotton Candy. They totally do and yes, in case you didn’t already guess – I also have a thing for cotton candy, so these are a total win in my book!
I used a simple recipe for Vanilla Cake Mix Cookies, tossed in a couple of tablespoons of Halloween sprinkles and finished the cookies off with a few Candy Corn M&Ms. Easy peasy! If cake mix isn’t your thing – no worries, just jazz up your favorite soft sugar cookie with the addition of sprinkles and M&Ms and you’ll have a delicious from scratch version of this recipe.
Regardless of the route you choose to take with this recipe, I hope these cute Cake Mix Cookies with Candy Corn M&Ms make your Halloween extra spooktacular!
Cake Mix Cookies
1 box Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons sprinkles (mine were orange, yellow and white)
Candy Corn M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine dry cake mix, eggs and oil. Beat on medium speed until mixture is well combined. Mix in sprinkles.
3. Use a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoons) to drop dough onto prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12.
4. Remove cookie sheet from oven and gently press a few Candy Corn M&Ms into the tops of each cookie. Be careful because the cookies and pan will be quite hot. Allow cookies to cool on pan for about 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack.
- Cookies are best served the day they are made; however, cooled cookies will keep in a sealed container at room temp for up to two days.
Source: My Baking Addiction adapted from Duncan Hines
All images and text ©
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.