You guys know that I have a pretty serious love affair going on with individually portioned desserts. From Nutella Cheesecake Brownie Trifles to No Bake Raspberry Cheesecakes – I’m simply all about them.
Not only do I have a love affair with individual desserts, I’m also pretty obsessed with Amazon. With a new baby in the house, convenience is super important, so I find myself using my Prime account to buy everything from baby clothes to dog bones.
There’s really nothing better than having necessities (hello, salted caramel brownie brittle) delivered directly to your door. Let’s just say we’re on a first name basis with our amazing UPS delivery man. Although I’m fairly certain he secretly thinks we’re hoarders.
Last week, Lodge Miniature Cast Iron Pans popped up under the Amazon Recommends section and they promptly went into my cart. I adore cast iron pans, but mini cast iron pans takes that adoration to a completely different level.
I immediately started dreaming of mini frittatas, mini blueberry buckles, and cast iron skillet brownies. And it definitely didn’t take long for the mini skillet brownies to become a delicious reality.
I started with a decadent fudgy brownie base and folded in chocolate chips and toffee bits – because let’s be honest here, less is definitely not more when it comes to brownies.
They’re pretty perfect on their own, but if you’re really looking to push these skillet brownies over the edge, top them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a drizzle of hot fudge sauce and a sprinkling of toffee chips. They may put you in a minor food coma, but I promise, it will be worth every single bite.
Lodge 5-inch Cast Iron Skillets from Amazon.
March 28th, 2014
Yield: 5 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
4 ounces plus 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided use
1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, choppe
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided use
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup toffee bits
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl over simmering water, melt butter, 4 ounces of chocolate chips, and unsweetened chocolate until smooth. Set aside and let cool for about 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture until well combined.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together 1/4 cup of flour, baking powder, and salt and add to the chocolate mixture, stirring until just combined. In a medium bowl, toss together the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, toffee bits and one tablespoon of flour and fold them into the chocolate mixture. Divide batter into five 3-1/2 inch cast iron skillets and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, taking care not to overbake.
4. If desired, top warm skillet brownies with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge sauce, and toffee bits.
Recipe slightly adapted from Ina Garten via Food Network.
*Amazon links are from My Baking Addiction’s Affiliate account.