Banana Crumb Muffins
Since I’m all about sharing some of my weird food quirks with you this week, I thought I’d toss another one your way.
I love bananas; however, as soon as the slightest brown speck appears, they’re dead to me.
Needless to say, I end up with quite a few inedible bananas on my counter. And although brown bananas make me twitch a little, I just can’t throw them away. So instead, I do what any responsible banana eater should do – I make banana desserts!
These Banana Crumb Muffins are loaded with banana flavor that’s only heightened by the addition of a sweet and cinnamon-y crumb topping. They’re perfect for breakfast, a mid morning snack, or in my case – last night’s dinner.
Banana Crumb Muffins
For the Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the Crumb Topping
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another large bowl, beat together bananas, sugars, egg, oil and vanilla. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Evenly scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Make the Crumb Topping: In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until evenly distributed and crumbly in texture. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days.
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.