It’s really no big secret that I enjoy the comfort of my own home rather being the social butterfly. On occasion, my friend Brittani can get me out of the house to endure the rough terrain, with the promise of delicious food.
One of the gatherings that Brittani managed to drag me to was loaded with all kinds of fantastic snack foods. There happened to be a pizza dip in particular that had me repeatedly heading back to the appetizer table. It was everything that I love about pizza, from the ooey, gooey cheesiness to the rich sauce and delectable pizza toppings. The minute I ate it, I knew I needed to figure out how to create a pizza dip recipe at home.
After playing around a bit, I came to realize that this pizza dip is not only delicious, but incredibly easy! Serve this pizza dip with a French baguette and it will be the perfect addition to any Super Bowl party.
This dip starts out with a rich cream cheese base and is then covered in zesty pizza sauce. After the addition of pepperoni, bell peppers, onions, black olives, and most importantly, cheese, this dip will be the hit of the party! Not a fan of the toppings in the recipe? Simply substitute your favorite toppings and personalize this pizza dip recipe to to fit your tastes.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon dried parsley
¼ teaspoon dried basil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup pizza sauce
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 ounces sliced pepperoni
2 tablespoons sliced black olives, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder, dried
oregano, parsley and basil.
2. Spread cream cheese mixture into a 9-inch pie pan, and sprinkle ½ cup of mozzarella and ½
cup of Parmesan on the cream cheese mixture.
3. Top with the pizza sauce and sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the pizza sauce.
4. Top with bell pepper, onion, pepperoni and black olives.
5. Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and bubbly.
- If you are short on time, you can cover your microwave safe dish and place into the microwave
for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and heated through.
- I sprinkle a little Italian seasoning on top of my cheese and toppings for an added kick.
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.