Spicy Taco Cheese Ball
This Spicy Taco Cheese Ball is loaded with bold flavors and can be whipped up in just minutes. It’s perfect for entertaining, or snacking while watching endless hours of March Madness.
This is post is sponsored recipe development on behalf of Fisher Nuts. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that make My Baking Addiction possible.
It’s no secret that I’m not really much of a sports fan. Sure, I’ll happily tag along with my husband to a Browns or Cavs game from time to time, but I’m definitely not a die hard sports fanatic – especially when it comes to college sports, like basketball.
But for whatever reason, I end up filling out a March Madness bracket every single year. And since I know absolutely nothing about the NCAA, I base my picks solely on the name of the team. This year, Eric even got Elle in on the action by letting her make her own picks, and I’m pretty sure she’s still doing better than both of us.
The great thing about this spicy taco cheese ball is that it comes together super fast, and only requires a few ingredients. Jalapeño cream cheese, shredded Mexican cheese, taco seasoning, a little fresh cilantro and crunchy Fisher Nuts pecans are all you need to create a delicious snack that’s perfect for entertaining or munching while watching action-packed hours of March Madness.
I choose to work with Fisher Nuts because it is one of the only brands of recipe nuts that are entirely preservative free. Nuts are perfect as they come off the tree, so I don’t see why we would ever need to mess with them. They add a perfect earthy crunch and goodness to this spicy taco cheese ball. Your guests will keep coming back for more!
Spicy Taco Cheese Ball
Yield: 16 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes plus chill time
- 2 8-ounce containers of jalapeño cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons store bought or homemade taco seasoning
- 2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro, divided use
- 1 cup finely chopped Fisher Nuts pecans
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine jalapeno cream cheese and taco seasoning until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Mix in shredded cheese and 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Shape the mixture into a ball. Stir together the remaining cilantro and the chopped pecan. Roll the cheese ball into the mixture to coat completely, gently pressing the pecans to adhere.
- Serve chilled with crackers, pita chips, or tortilla chips. If desired, garnish the cheese ball with cilantro, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, black olives, etc.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.