Easy Chicken Chili
Easy Chicken Chili is so simple! Rotisserie chicken, tomatoes, corn, and beans are simmered with your favorite chili spices for a total win at dinner time.
This post is sponsored by Red Gold Tomatoes. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that make My Baking Addiction Possible.
You guys, we’re in full on holiday mode over here and I’m all kinds of overwhelmed. Between work, decorating, shopping, and a minor basement renovation, I feel like we’ve been going nonstop for weeks.
You might remember me telling you that my husband tore his ACL while playing basketball a few weeks back. Well, the swelling has finally gone down enough to schedule surgery, so we’re trying to get as much done as we can before he’s laid up for a bit.
So we’ve basically become the annoying neighbors with a decked out house while most people still have their corn stalks and jack-o-lanterns adorning their porches.
I promised we wouldn’t actually turn them on until Thanksgiving, but we couldn’t resist. And to be honest, I’m not even sorry about it.
Since we’ve been so busy, I’ve really been slacking in the cooking department.
Let’s just say we’ve been relying on drive-thru windows and delivery A LOT lately. I decided to get my act together before I had to add our pizza guy to my Christmas shopping list.
I don’t know about you, but there is just something so comforting about a pot of chili simmering away on the stove. Especially when that chili comes together in a matter of minutes using super simple ingredients.
It’s perfect for a weeknight, or a family gathering. Invite the whole gang over for a family chili cook-off, or serve up a chili bar with all the fixings.
I love topping this Easy Chicken Chili with tortilla strips, sour cream, green onions, and of course – cheese!
It’s that time of year when we make special recipes that show others our love and appreciation; making our best means using the best ingredients, like Red Gold tomatoes.
Red Gold Tomatoes have been family grown on Midwest farms for over four generations. They started partnering with farmers in 1942.
Since then, they’ve focused on sustainable growing and efficiently packing the freshest, best tasting tomatoes in the world. Their tomatoes are canned within hours of being picked and they’re Non-GMO Project verified, which is always something I can get behind.
We absolutely loved them in this chili. Tomatoes add just the right amount of acid and spice in a meal like this, and texture is important too.
I think you’re going to love cozying up with this alternative-to-beef chili, and please don’t skip the cheese and sour cream, and extra tortilla strips! The add-ins are everything that makes chili awesome for dinner.
I haven’t tried this Easy Chicken Chili in the slow cooker, but I bet it would be amazing.
Easy Chicken Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cored, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, cored, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies, OR 1 14.5-ounce can Red Gold Chili Ready Diced Tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can Red Gold Tomato Sauce
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
- green onion
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large heavy pot. Add onions, peppers and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in chili powder, cumin, and oregano. Stir well to blend and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in chicken broth and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in beans, corn, and chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste. Continue simmering, stirring occasionally, for an additional 15 minutes.
- Garnish bowls of chicken chili with tortilla chips, sour cream, shredded cheese and green onion.
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.