Mini Pumpkin Pies
What’s better than pumpkin pie? An entire pumpkin pie in ONE bite! And what’s better than a bite-size pumpkin pie? A baby shower – of course! Being scattered across the country can’t stop us food bloggers from throwing an amazing party, so today I’ve joined forces with a group of incredible friends to throw a virtual baby shower for the adorable and talented Jen from My Kitchen Addiction.
I’ve always admired Jen’s passion and approach to both food and blogging, so I was really excited to meet her face-to-face this Summer. And after spending a couple of days with her, I can attest to the fact that she’s even more awesome in real life! Can ya tell I kinda dig her?
Jen and her husband Darron are expecting a baby girl this Fall and as you may have noticed, our little food blogging community couldn’t be happier for them.
Jen’s having an Autumn baby, and you guys all know that my FAVORITE season of the year is Autumn. If it’s pumpkin and spice and everything nice, I’m in. What better to welcome a mini-Jen than my favorite kind of pie in mini form?
Not long ago I posted a last blast for Summer – Mini Lemon Meringue Pies using these same mini shortbread pie crusts. I swear, I think it caused a rush on them at my local grocery store (lookin’ at you, Lori!).
Pumpkin Pie in these little guys is no less awesome. Brian had to hold me back from popping them into my mouth repeatedly (what can I say, I was trying to dull my senses with pumpkin goodness while the first football game of the season droned on in my living room).
Serve them at a party for a unique appetizer or dessert. I say appetizer because, a) pumpkin is a squash, which I tend to consider a vegetable and b) if having a baby isn’t an excuse to eat treats whenever you’d like, then what hope is there for humanity?
Jen, Darron, YellowDog – we couldn’t be more happy for you to welcome this baby girl into our big ol’ family. I can’t wait to meet her!
Mini Pumpkin Pies
Yield: 48 mini pies
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15-17 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl with an electric hand mixer, combine sugar, salt, pumpkin pie spice, egg, pumpkin, vanilla,and evaporated milk. Beat until well combined and smooth.
- Line mini tart shells on prepared baking sheet. Using a small cookie scoop (2 teaspoons), fill each mini tart shell with pumpkin pie filling
- Carefully transfer pan to preheated oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until shells are golden and the filling appears to be set. Carefully remove mini pumpkin pies to a cooling rack.
- If desired, top with freshly whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- I purchased my tart shells from my local market for $5.99, so definitely check a store near you before purchasing from Amazon as the price seems a bit high.
- Different brands of mini tart shells will vary. Pay close attention to the shell color during the baking process. I found mine were perfectly golden after 15 minutes.
Continue the Celebration!
Bluebonnets & Brownies | Raspberry Lemon Fruit Dip
Sugarcrafter | Sweet Potato Cake with Honey Buttercream
Simple Bites | English Eccles Cakes
Stetted | Roasted Red Pepper and Caramelized Onion Dip
Food for my Family | Homemade Pear Italian Sodas with Cardamom Cream
eat. live. travel. write. | Goat Cheese and Tomato Tartlettes
Gimme Some Oven | Creamy Caramel Apple Dippers
Dessert For Two | Caramel Apple Cookie Cups
Bake at 350 | Soft Sugar Cookies for a Baby Shower
A Thought For Food | Fingerling Potato Salad
TidyMom | Apple Pomegranate Spritzers
i am baker | Advice to a New Mommy
Healthy Green Kitchen | Guacamole with Pistachios
Tracey’s Culinary Adventures | Caramelized Onion, Gruyere and Bacon Spread
What Megan’s Making | Apple Spice Muffins
Cookin’ Canuck | Gorgonzola Cheese Cups with Pear & Hazelnut Salad
Bellalimento | Frozen Berry Shortcake
Shugary Sweets | Caramel Apple Truffles
GoodLife Eats | Coconut Lemon Banana Bread
The Amazon links within this post are derived from an affiliate program. My Baking Addiction receives a small commission on products.