Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars
Cookie Bars are loaded with miniature peanut butter cups and finished with a chocolate and peanut butter topping. Cut them into fun sticks for dunkable dessert!
It’s not Fall in our house until we’ve made a trip to Bath & Body Works for ALLTHEFALLTHINGS. Between hand soaps, wallflowers, and of course, loads of candles – we’re officially stocked up for the season and then some because I’m a Fall scent hoarder. No joke.
Although I’ve been yearning for Fall weather, it’s just not happened yet. It’s been hot, humid, and spidery. I’m fully aware that spidery is not a legit weather word, but spiders totally creep me out. And their webs, don’t even get me started on those things.
With Elle hanging out on the floor so much, I feel like I am on constant spider patrol.
I’ve read that dousing your house in peppermint oil works – has anyone tried this?
I think I need to invest in one of those forehead miner-style lights to look under the couch and other dark places where those terrible arachnids lurk. Sure I could use a flashlight, but a miner light will totally bring a little comedy to my anxiety. You probably think I’m kidding, but I’m so serious.
Enough creepy spider talk, let’s discuss mini peanut butter cups. Have you noticed this miniature candy trend? I swear Target has half an aisle dedicated to bags upon bags of itty bitty candies. These little things are completely addictive in the best of ways. The only problem is that I’m fairly certain I consume way more calories popping these tiny bites of candy bliss than I would if I simply ate the full size bar.
A few weeks ago I purchased a few bags of them while at Target which ended up being a very bad idea for a girl that’s trying to lose baby weight. The bag of Miniature Reese Cups stared me down for days until I finally had to bake them into something!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars come together in just minutes. They’re definitely scrumptious on their own, but slathering them with a chocolate and peanut butter glaze pushes them to over-the-top awesomeness!
They’d be great as an after-school treat, or as a take-along to the first school party, if you’re allowed to do that. If you’re not, I happen to know personally that teachers are ALWAYS allowed home baked goodies, and they truly appreciate them. I’m just sayin’, a plate of these bad boys might just go a long way in making your kid’s teacher a little happier at the end of the work day.
Whatever you do, bake them immediately!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup mini peanut butter cups
For the Chocolate-Peanut Butter Glaze
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Add egg and vanilla, mixing until well combined. Gradually add in dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in mini peanut butter cups.
4. Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove pan to wire rack and cool completely.
5. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely smooth and melted. Spoon the mixture over the cooled cookie bars and spread into an even layer with an offset spatula. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until set. Remove from pan and cut into bars.
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
For more peanut butter goodness, check out the recipes below!