S’mores pie comes together in 10 minutes and is the perfect no-bake dessert for summer. Who could possibly resist a slice of this s’mores goodness?
This post contains affiliate links.
One of the things I enjoy most is coming up with recipes that literally anyone can make – including my 8-year-old daughter.
I know that not everyone grew up learning to cook and bake from their parents or grandparents, so I love knowing that so many of the recipes here on MBA, including this s’mores pie, are easy enough for any beginner baker to make.
And you know what? Sometimes, even as an advanced baker, I just want a chocolate pie that I can throw together in about 10 minutes.
So whether you’re just learning to bake, are teaching a kiddo to bake, or have been baking for years, I have a feeling you’ll want to keep this recipe close at hand.
WHAT IS S’MORES PIE
So of course I would love it in pie form, too!
This no-bake s’mores pie has a graham cracker crust base, a creamy chocolate pudding filling, and a fluffy marshmallow topping. It’s garnished with extra graham cracker crumbs, chocolate shavings, and toasted mini marshmallows for an extra dose of s’mores goodness.
Since this is a completely no-bake pie, it’s also the perfect summer dessert! You can enjoy a pie with that classic campfire combination without ever turning on the oven.
HOW TO MAKE A S’MORES PIE
To make this pie so simple, I like to use a few shortcut ingredients to make it.
Ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make your s’mores pie:
- Prepared graham cracker pie crust: To make this a completely no-bake recipe, I grab a premade crust from the baking aisle. If you want to make a homemade graham cracker crust, just pop it into a pie plate and let it cool completely before adding the filling.
- Instant chocolate pudding mix: I like to use instant pudding mix here, but you could use a cook-and-serve mix or a homemade chocolate pudding mix if you prefer.
- Milk: To make the filling extra thick, we’ll use less milk than is typically called for on the box of pudding mix.
- Marshmallow creme: Using marshmallow creme gives us a fluffy topping with that classic marshmallow flavor.
- Whipped topping: Some thawed Cool Whip makes the topping even fluffier!
Of course the garnishes are completely optional, but I think they make the pie both pretty and even more delicious! I go with a combo of graham cracker crumbs, chocolate shavings, and some toasted mini marshmallows.
If you ask me, it’s the toasted marshmallows on top that really make it!
Making this recipe
Get started by whisking together the pudding mix and the milk. Let that sit for 5 minutes so it can thicken up, then pour it into the pie crust.
While the pudding is setting up, fold together the marshmallow creme and the thawed Cool Whip.
You’re probably going to wonder if the two ingredients are actually going to combine, because it will look a bit lumpy at first. But keep mixing and they’ll come together!
Chill the pie for at least 30 minutes before serving. Since it doesn’t need to chill for very long, you can easily throw this together as a last-minute dessert any time you have unexpected guests!
Just before serving, top the pie with your chocolate shavings, toasted marshmallows, and graham cracker crumbs if you like.
Make sure to store the pie, covered, in the refrigerator. It will keep for 2-3 days, although it may look the prettiest on the first day.
I don’t recommend freezing this pie; the texture is likely to be weird after it thaws. Thankfully, it is so easy to make that you can quickly throw it together any time you have a craving for it!
MORE SUMMER S’MORES DESSERTS
Looking for even more ways to enjoy s’mores this summer? I’ve got you covered with these summer-ready s’mores recipes!
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust 6 ounces
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix 3.9 ounces
- 1 ½ cups milk
For the Topping
- ⅔ cup marshmallow creme
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping thawed
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows plain or lightly toasted
- chocolate curls or mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- Whisk together instant pudding mix and milk and pour into pie crust. Allow pudding to set up for 5 minutes.
- While the pudding is setting up, prepare the topping by folding the marshmallow creme into the whipped topping. The mixture may appear a little lumpy at first, but it will smooth out as you continue to combine it.
- Pipe or spoon the topping onto the pie.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Before serving, top pie with mini marshmallows, chocolate curls or chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs.