Happy New Year! I hope you have all had a great start to 2011. It is my civic duty to warn you that if one of your resolutions was to cut back on sugar or lose weight, this Snicker’s Brownies recipe is probably not the post for you.
As a matter of fact, nothing I have in store for you this week, or really ever is considered “light.” After all, this is a baking blog so don’t expect anything less than loads butter, sugar and chocolate here on My Baking Addiction.
I decided to make these Snickers Brownies after picking up a 75% off bag of holiday candy at Target. There was no real plan in mind; I just couldn’t refuse the deal. The shiny holiday wrapped Snickers stared at me for days from inside their sealed bag.
Since I had already made Snickers Cupcakes and Snickers Cheesecake, I thought, why not make Snickers Brownies? I basically nestled pieces of Snickers into my favorite brownie recipe to create an ooey gooey masterpiece. These brownies are fudgy, rich, thick and decadent, oh and those pieces of nougat…those my friends are irresistible.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as did. Have a fantastic day and thanks so much for stopping by to check out this sweet treat!
Yield: 12 brownies
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate; coarsely chopped
3/4 cup butter
1 ½ cups white sugar
3 eggs; lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
12 Fun Size Snickers Candy Bars; cut into fourths
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter or margarine in large bowl at medium (50% power) for 3-4 minutes or until butter is melted.
3. Whisk until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. Add in eggs, extract and salt. Gradually add in flour and stir until just combined.
4. Spread ½ the batter into prepared pan. Add an even layer of Snickers and cover with remaining ½ of brownie batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes; do not over bake.
5. Remove to cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!