No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes
If you happened to catch my post on How To Skin Hazelnuts, you may remember me saying that I have reawakened my obsession with Nutella. You may also recall me stating that my pantry was in absolute disarray from the holidays. When I finally reorganized it, I happened upon a brand new jar of Nutella that had fallen behind my baking drawer – jackpot!
This little find rekindled my love affair with all things Nutella in a big way. The entire weekend turned into a pretty ridiculous Nutella recipe marathon. And I’m also a huge fan of no bake desserts, especially my No Bake Cookies. First in queue are these incredibly delicious and ridiculously simple No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes.
We invited friends over for a football game coupled with grilled cheese sandwiches and chili. This is definitely not the norm when we have guests, but it’s what they requested – according to Dave, I make one hell of a grilled cheese. While Dave didn’t request dessert, you simply can’t come to our house for dinner without getting one. I used what I had on hand and created No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes.
Oreo cookie crumbs create the foundation for a creamy, fluffy Nutella and cream cheese mixture that you’ll want to eat with a spoon straight from the mixing bowl with reckless abandon. Try to hold yourself back, though, because finished with chocolate curls and toasted, chopped hazelnuts, you’ll have a quick, delicious dessert perfect for any meal – even weeknight grilled cheese!
No Bake Nutella Cheesecakes
Yield: 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
For the Crust
- 12 Oreo Cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the Filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
For the Garnish
- whipped topping, optional
- chocolate shavings, optional
- toasted, chopped hazelnuts, optional
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Oreo cookie crumbs and melted butter. Evenly divide the crumbs between your individual serving dishes and press into the bottoms of the dishes to form a crust layer.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and Nutella until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until well blended and no streaks remain.
- Evenly pipe or spoon the filling into individual serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping, chocolate shavings, and/or toasted, chopped hazelnuts.
- I have not tried this recipe using fresh whipped cream, so I cannot attest to the results.
- Source: My Baking Addiction