Cookie Dough Cheesecake S’mores
Cookie Dough Cheesecake S’mores combine three classic desserts into one amazing treat! So perfect for summer!
This recipe is sponsored by Campfire® Marshmallows, but all thoughts are my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands that make My Baking Addiction possible.
I have a question for you. Do you have a cleaning service that comes in a couple of times a month to clean your home?
If you follow my blog, you’re well aware of the fact that Eric and I BOTH work from home. And yes, we’re still married despite the fact that we’re together pretty much 24 hours a day. Minus time at the gym and Target runs.
Despite the fact that we’re both home a lot, we have a lovely cleaning crew come in every other week to clean our home.
It’s not that we’re super messy people. We’re really not.
Okay, sure my closet could use some love and Elle’s toy room looks like a mild tornado ripped through it, but the rest of the house looks pretty clean most of the time.
In fact, I have a little cleaning to-do list that I complete every morning before I do anything else – even before I have my first cup of coffee.
It’s a good way to accomplish something first thing in the morning, which totally sets the tone for my entire day.
And let’s be real, if I’m trying to work while sitting in a messy house, I’m going to find 25 reasons to put the work off until it’s all in order.
But, I also hate to deep clean things like showers and baseboards.
The reason I’m asking this is because I recently saw someone on Facebook looking for recommendations for a house cleaner and while most people were ultra helpful, others took very judgy ‘tudes.
Asking questions like, why don’t you clean your own home?, or I have a full-time job, 3 kids and I still manage to maintain a clean house, blah, blah blah.
You all know that I’m very much a “live and let live” sorta girl, and I’m certain even my mom did a double take at Eric and I having cleaners come to our house when we’re here all day.
But the truth is, just because we’re HERE doesn’t mean we aren’t busting our butts doing something else. This blog is a full time job, and Eric has two jobs; teaching and running his drone business.
Would we really have to go rent office space somewhere else for the people on that thread to think our cleaning crew is justified? That’s just crazy pants to me.
Plus, I gotta be honest. I’d much rather spend quality time with Elle than scrubbing my baseboards clean. I am more than happy to hand that job off to someone that WANTS to do it.
One of the things I’m busy doing? Creating new recipes for you guys, day in and day out.
Just in case you’re new here, I’ve been working with Campfire® Marshmallows for the past few years to create some amazing marshmallow recipes.
We’ve got tons of delicious dishes and desserts from the past couple of years, and so much more planned. I can’t wait for you to see what we have planned for the rest of the year.
We even created a Marshmallow Madness Pinterest board where we’ve pinned loads of delicious ooey-gooey marshmallow recipes.
These Cookie Dough Cheesecake S’mores? Pretty dang ridiculous.
The cookie dough cheesecake bars recipe has actually been on my site for years, but I thought I’d kick ’em a notch and turn them into s’mores!
You know cheesecake is my favorite thing in life, and topping these sweet bars with a delicious chocolate square and gooey toasted marshmallow is just magic.
We ate them around the fire pit last week when it was actually warm enough to be outside past 8:00 PM. I almost had Elle convinced to try one, but then she realized there was cheesecake involved and backed away.
I’m not gonna get over the betrayal of her hating cheesecake anytime soon, you guys.
So, hit me with it. Are you okay with house cleaners no matter the situation? Or are you totally judging me right now?
Either way, try the recipe. You’ll love me again once you taste these Cookie Dough Cheesecake S’mores, I promise.
Cookie Dough Cheesecake S'mores
For the Crust
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the Cheesecake Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 12 milk chocolate squares
- 12 regular Campfire® Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper or foil allowing a little overhang and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix the melted butter and graham cracker crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack. Do not turn your oven off.
- While the crust is cooling, prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth and thoroughly combined, about 1 minute. Mix in the flour on low speed, and mix until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla on low speed just until incorporated. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Using your hand to form clumps. Flatten the clumps of dough in your palms to flatten them out a bit. Distribute the cookie dough onto the top of the cheesecake batter. Be sure to use all of the dough. You will cover most of the cheesecake batter.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, until the top looks dry and firm (the cookie dough) and the entire pan looks set if given a gentle shake. Move bars to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Lift the bars out by the overhang; slice into 12 servings. When ready to serve, top with a chocolate square, toasted marshmallow and devour!
Follow Jamie on Instagram. We love to see what you're baking from MBA! Be sure to tag @jamiemba and use the hashtag #mbarecipes!
This post may contain affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.