Easy Peach Cobbler requires almost no prep time and only uses 4 ingredients! Using canned peaches and cake mix, this is one of the easiest cobblers you can make.
Every once in a while, I come across a recipe that I’m almost embarrassed to share with you because it’s just too simple.
My step-mom called me a couple of weeks ago asking if I had a recipe for peach cobbler made with Bisquick.
She was making Peach Cobbler for a friend and ended up trying a bunch of recipes before she called me with this one. And when I say it’s easy, I mean it – the assembly might take you three minutes!
When she raved about how good it was, I had to test it for myself and ended up making 2 times in less than a week.
EASY PEACH COBBLER WITH CANNED PEACHES AND CAKE MIX
I am not going to pretend this is a secretly sophisticated recipe. It’s not.
But what it IS is completely delicious.
There are also times when you find out that company is coming over about 20 minutes before they show up and you need to make a dessert fast. That’s when you dig out this Easy Peach Cobbler recipe.
This recipe uses exactly 4 ingredients:
- Canned peaches,
- Yellow cake mix, and
- Melted butter
That’s it. Again, it’s almost embarrassing to admit.
I almost felt silly sharing this recipe with you, but then I remembered that I can have this cobbler ready to go in the oven in less time than it takes my oven to preheat. And I’ve totally shared it with neighbors and they had no idea that it was made with canned peaches and cake mix.
This one is more like a cake in texture, but still very much a cobbler.
Honestly…just try it. You won’t have any regrets.
HOW TO MAKE EASY PEACH COBBLER
This recipe is super easy to make, but there are a few instructions that make a big difference.
Drain 1 can of peaches, but leave the other 2 undrained. You need the syrup in the pan to help the cake mix bake up right.
Sprinkle the cinnamon over the peaches. Sprinkle the dry cake mix directly over everything and lightly press the mix into the peaches and syrup.
Yes, I know this sounds weird. But I promise, it works! If you’ve made my Pumpkin Crunch Cake, this is the same method for that recipe.
Then drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix and pop the pan into the oven.
I can’t tell you how or why (other than #science), but everything works out in the oven. After an hour, you’ll have a totally delicious peach cobbler that you spent almost no energy making.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes you just need a no-effort dessert.
Easy Peach Cobbler
- 3 cans sliced peaches in heavy syrup 15.25 ounces each; 2 undrained, 1 drained
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 box yellow cake mix 15.25 ounces
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Empty two cans of peaches with the syrup into the pan along with one can of peaches with the syrup drained.
- Sprinkle the peaches with cinnamon.
- Sprinkles the dry cake mix directly onto the peaches. Use the back of a spatula to gently press the cake mix into the peaches and syrup.
- Drizzle melted butter directly over the cake mix.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.